- Home Page
- City Administrator
The City Administrator is the chief administrative officer (CAO) of the City and is appointed by the Mayor with consent of the City Council. Among other things, the City Administrator is expected to:
- Administer the issuance and revocation of all building permits.
- Be responsible for the hiring and removal of all employees of the City.
- Continuously monitor the City’s financial position and needs.
- Direct the lighting of public grounds and highways.
- Enforce all City ordinances, resolutions and contracts.
- Manage the design, construction and repair of all municipal buildings, bridges, viaducts, dykes, waterways, sewers, levies and structures.
- Offer professional advice on all aspects of the City’s operations.
- Oversee the removal or abatement of all nuisances.
- Prepare and submit the annual City Budget and Capital Improvement Program.
- Supervise the improvement of all streets, alleys, sidewalks and public ways.
- Supervise the management and control of all parks and public grounds.
Matthew Randall was appointed as the City Administrator in August of 2019. Mr. Randall is a Missouri native and was raised in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, where his interest in local government and love of community began. He is a local government professional with a passion for public service, community betterment, and organizational excellence. He previously served the City of Olathe, Kansas, as Budget Manager. He has also served the City of Independence, Missouri, and the Village of Wellington, Florida. Mr. Randall earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a minor in Business Administration from Rockhurst University. He obtained his Master’s in Public Administration from the University of Kansas. He is a member of the International City/County Management Association (ICMA). Matthew enjoys spending time with his wife Katie and their dog Lucy. In his spare time, he enjoys working on old cars and watching football.